同义词网

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索

【同义词辨析】 2017-11-15 任性caprice-crotchet

[复制链接]
jason246 发表于 2022-10-6 00:11:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
caprice: stresses lack of apparent motivation and suggests willfulness: by sheer ~ she quit her job.    本例: 任性地离职,又如capricious winds/weather/boss方向不定的风/阴晴不定的天气/喜怒无常的老板      will意志决心motive动机,是产生will的原因;willful坚持自己意志的,固执的           

freak: implies an impulsive change of mind made apparently without cause: struck by a ~ notion.        (freak有3个意思 1、奇怪的人怪胎怪物畸形反常a very strange person, or something physically abnormal,如who's that freak with the green hair那个绿头发的怪家伙是谁, she was treated like a freak because she didn't want children她因为不要孩子而被当作怪人,又如a circus freak马戏团小丑, a freak show畸形展览怪胎秀,a freak(或freaky或freakish,3个词都可做定语) accident/day/kid奇怪的事故/一天/小孩,如本例念头  2、狂热爱好者a person who is very interested or active in something,如a fitness/health/movie/computer freak健身/保健/电影/电脑狂人(迷)   3、使惊吓不安to frighten, surprise, upset,如she really freaked out when you said that你说那话把她吓坏了,snakes really freak me out我看见蛇吓坏了,如my parents really freaked when they saw my hair父母看见我的头发时大惊失色,如I remember the first time I went onstage. I freaked out completely我还记得自己第一次登台。我完全吓坏了)

whim: implies a fantastic, humorous turn of mind or inclination: an odd antique that was bought on a ~.      fantastic奇幻到难以置信 humorous幽默引人发笑      本例突发奇想买下古董,又如he quit his job on a whim[=because of a sudden decision]离职,a whimsical behavior/decoration/humor突发奇想(不严肃)的行为/装饰/幽默,如her outfit had a touch of whimsy她的装束有点搞怪[=having a playful, amusing quality像在开玩笑逗人乐]     

vagary: stresses the erratic, irresponsible, or extravagant character of the notion or desire: recently he had been prone to strange ~ies of taste.      extravagant脱离(vag词根:wander)常规的implies a wild and foolish warndering from normal and accustomed limits,如made extravagant claim/promise/praise for the product反常地宣称/承诺/赞扬该产品;
同源词vagabond, vagrant流浪汉a person who does not have a home and travels from place to place             本例口味反常,又如the vagaries of the weather变幻莫测的天气      

crotchet: implies
perversely eccentric opinion or preference especially on trivial matters: a serious scientist equally known for his bizzare ~s.     perverse不通情理任性   eccentric古怪异乎寻常

caprice任性: 强调无缘无故(缺乏motive动机)改变,freak怪异: 指反常怪异,whim突发奇想心血来潮: 指突发想法兴致,vagary变幻莫测: 强调反常,crotchet小偏好偏见: 指(琐)

记忆方法: 1)首字母VW是大众volkswagon,FCC是联邦通信委员会<==都任性

2)练习一下

3)任性的意思是不理性实际可行想法愿望mean an irrational, fanciful, or impractical idea or desire.首字母VW是大众volkswagon,FCC是联邦通信委员会<==都任性

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|同义词网 ( 陕ICP备2022001025号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 15:58

论坛 - 同义词网

2022-2024 © tongyici.net

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表