同义词网

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索

【同义词辨析】 2020-10-23 配套习题(2020

[复制链接]
jason246 发表于 2022-10-6 01:25:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1)
1. applies to the bony framework of the animal body: found only the ~ of a mouse; or may imply either a carefully developed and articulated design or a sketchy conception of the whole that serves as a starting point: roughed out the ~ of the novel.   a) skeleton
2. stresses the fact of uttering, presenting, or doing again one or more times: ~ed the joke over and over.                                                                                                                                              b) obey
3. is the general term and implies ready and submissive yielding to authority: ~ed her parents.                                                                                                                                                             c) framework
4. is used chiefly with reference to an artificial supporting construction that serves as a prop or guide but is not visible in the finished whole: the ~ of a sofa.                                                                                        d) repeat
5. can stress conformity to the real especially as a model or standard: the ladybug is not a ~ bug but a beetle; or conformity to the pertinent facts that are known or knowable: the ~ verson of events.                                                    e) true

ANSWER: adbce
--------R-i-g-h-t--------

2)
1.iterate  a)  implies a paying out of money from a fund, but it may also imply distribution , such as to pensioners or heirs, and often stresses an acting under authority: needed a court decree to ~ the funds.
2.great    b)  implies that what is described has gone to the extreme and can be made neither better nor worse or is past recall: he is an ~ fool.
3.profound c)  connotes exceedingly great depth: the ~ depths of the sea; and may imply the need or presence of  thoroughness: a ~ thinker.
4.disburse d)  means the same as reiterate but is rarer and has a bookish feel: an ancient theme ~d by many noted authors.
5.outright e)  may sometimes imply physical magnitude, usually with connotations of wonder, surprise, or awe: the ~ canyon cut by the Colorado River; but it more often implies eminence, distinction, or excellence: possessed a very ~ talent.

ANSWER: decab

3)
1. is likely to stress genuineness and especially correspondence between appearance and essense: a ~ diamond.                                                                                                                                                                                  a) cite
2. is likely to stress the idea of mentioning for a particular reason, such as proof of thesis or substantiation of a position taken, with or without the idea of quoting another's exact words: his analysis of the causes of student unrest has been ~d in several recent judicial opinions.                                                                                               b) arrant
3. suggests the mere fact of paying out: ~ a nickel for candy; or implies a draining or depleting or exhausting of what is used: ~ months trying to find a satisfactory house.                                                                                                               c) real
4. suggests great or imposing altitude: ~ mountain peaks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          d) spend
5. applies to something that is all that is implied by the term, usually a term of abuse, that follows: an ~ coward.                                                                                                                                                                               e) lofty

ANSWER: cadeb

4)
1.large   a)  implies the use of a line, such as a rope or chain or strap, to attach one thing that may move to another that is stable: ~ the boat securely to the dock.
2.bind    b)  may be preferred when dimensions or extent or capacity or quantity or amount are being considered: a ~ meal; or when breadth, comprehensiveness, or generosity are stressed: tried to respond to some ~ issues.
3.anatomy c)  implies the use of a band or bond to attach two or more things firmly together: used wire to ~ the gate to the fence post.
4.tie     d)  applies to what grows or rises high by comparison with others of its kind and usually implies relative narrowness: a ~ thin man.
5.tall    e)  applies principally to the structure of an organism or any of its parts: the ~ of the heart; but is likely to stress examination of parts and study of their relation to a whole: described the ~ of a political campaign.

ANSWER: bcead

5)
1.structure   a)  applies to what is or seems to be so utterly what it is as to be beyond the possibility of being lessened, softened, or relieved: an ~ evil.
2.big         b)  is more common when units of measurement are mentioned: rugs eight feet ~; or applied to unfilled space between limits: a ~ doorway.
3.unmitigated c)  the most general term, refers to any whole, natural or artificial, material or immaterial, and may be used specifically of the parts or arrangements that give a whole its characteristic form or nature: studied the ~ of the atom.
4.deep        d)  emphasizes bulk or mass or weight or volume: a ~ book; or impressiveness or importance: yearned mainly to be a ~ man on campus.
5.wide        e)  may indicate horizontal extent away from the observer or from a front or peripheral point: a ~ cupboard; ~ woods.

ANSWER: cdaeb

6)
1.out-and-out a)  applies to what is completely as described at all times or in every part or from every point of view: this is an ~ fraud.
2.actual      b)  is the more general term, stressing the fact rather than the degree of extension downward from a surface or sometimes backward or inward from a front or outer part: a ~ river; when applied to persons or mental processes, it implies the presence of or need for great intellectual activity or emotional conviction: felt ~ concern for his brother's safety.
3.deep        c)  usually implies precise repetition of the words of another for a particular purpose: illustrate the use of a word by ~ing classical and modern authors; but sometimes quote is applied to a more general referral to someone as author or source of information: don't ~ me as your authority.
4.reiterate   d)  stresses the fact of existence or fidelity to the existent as opposed to the nonexistent, abstract, or hypothetical: the ~ tests of this missle have not yet been made.
5.quote       e)  usually implies one repetition after another especially of something that is said: ~d her views on the matter at every opportunity.

ANSWER: adbec

7)
1.expend  a)  is likely to be chosen with reference to public or business rather than private spending and to imply an outlaying of large amounts: vowed to ~ money on education if elected.
2.mind    b)  implies marked extension upward and is applied chiefly to things which rise from a base or foundation: a ~ hill; or are placed at a conspicuous height above a lower level: a ~ ceiling.
3.abysmal c)  is preferred when full horizontal extent is considered: ~ shoulders.
4.broad   d)  carries the idea of abyss and implies fathomless distance downward, backward, or inward: on the brink of the ~ precipice; or often of measureless degree, especially with words denoting a lack of something: ~ ignorance.
5.high    e)  is likely to be used in connection with children or juniors and in admonition or warning:children must ~ hteir parents; or in a weaker sense can carry the implication of heeding or attending in order to conform or comply: ~ you, he never spoke to me about it.

ANSWER: aedcb

8)
1. often used with with, is likely to imply complaisance, dependence, or lack of a strong opinion: willing to ~ with the opinion of the majority.                                                                      a) repeat
2. stresses the mere fact of saying or writing again the words or presenting the ideas of another often with no reference to the source and little concern for precision: ~ a scandalous story told one in confidence. b) comply

ANSWER: ba

9)
1.mean above average in magnitude, especially physical magnitude. a) structure
2.mean to make fast or secure.                                    b) tie
3.mean having horizontal extent.                                  c) large
4.mean the parts of or the arrangement of parts in a whole.       d) broad

ANSWER: cbda

10)
1.real  a) mean to speak or write again something already said or written by another.
2.quote b) mean corresponding to known facts.
3.spend c) mean to pay out for something received or expected.
4.high  d) mean above the average in height.

ANSWER: bacd

11)
1.outright a) mean having great extension downward or inward.
2.repeat   b) mean without limit or qualification.
3.obey     c) mean to say or do again.
4.deep     d) mean to follow the direction of another.

ANSWER: bcda

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|同义词网 ( 陕ICP备2022001025号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 16:26

论坛 - 同义词网

2022-2024 © tongyici.net

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表